If you think your laptop is overheating or even burned, it is important to know the signs to determine the cause and take the necessary measures to fix the problem.
Symptoms of Overheating or Burning
The most common signs that your laptop is overheating or even burning are:
- High temperature: when you touch the laptop, it will be very hot, or when you open it, you will notice a strong smell.
- Slow performance: the laptop will be slow and sluggish, and the fan will be running constantly.
- Shutdown or restart: the laptop may shut down unexpectedly or restart frequently.
- Distorted image: the image on the screen may be distorted or discolored.
What to do if your laptop is overheating or burning?
If you notice any of these signs, you should take the following steps:
1. Turn off the laptop and let it cool down
Turn off the laptop and let it cool down for at least 30 minutes. If the laptop is too hot, you may want to place it in a cool, dry place.
2. Clean the laptop
Clean the laptop with a soft, dry cloth. Pay special attention to the vents, as dust and dirt can block the airflow and cause the laptop to overheat. If necessary, use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust.
3. Check the fan and replace it if necessary
Check the fan to make sure it is working properly. If the fan is not working or is making strange noises, it may need to be replaced.
4. Check the power adapter
Check the power adapter for any signs of damage. If the adapter is damaged, it should be replaced.
5. Check the cooling system
Check the cooling system to make sure it is working properly. If necessary, replace the thermal paste and clean the heat sink.
6. Update the laptop’s BIOS
Update the laptop’s BIOS to the latest version. This can help to improve the laptop’s performance and reduce the risk of overheating.
If you notice any of the signs that your laptop is overheating or burning, it is important to take the necessary steps to fix the problem. By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your laptop is working properly and that it is not at risk of overheating or burning.